Site License Info
A site license provides your institution with unlimited online access to essential resources that support teaching, research, and clinical care. We team up with librarians to support your vital work: connecting your community with the most useful information, so they can deliver the best in health care.
With a current journal impact factor of 79.238 (2017 Journal Citation Reports®, Clarivate Analytics, 2018), NEJM has the highest ranking of any research journal. It is also ranked as a top essential journal by physicians in 12 specialties (Essential Journal Study, July 2017, The Matalia Group).
NEJM.org features enhanced search and navigation, specialty pages, interactive content and graphics, and integrated multimedia features.
NEJM site license
Your site license covers all content from 1990 to present (over 31,000 NEJM articles containing more than 55,000 images, tables, video and audio) on an easy-to-access digital platform.
New England Journal of Medicine print edition
Your institution has the option to purchase a discounted print subscription when you purchase an NEJM.org site license.
If you wish to purchase a print-only subscription without access to NEJM.org, please contact Customer Service for more information.
Access for low-income countries
In developing countries with limited resources, the New England Journal of Medicine provides free or low-cost online access to NEJM.org. Click here to learn more.
Benefits of a site license
- Full-text access to ground-breaking original research, review articles, and all other content dating back to 1990
- Full-text access to NEJM Resident 360, an online learning resource for physicians-in-training and medical students
- PowerPoint slide sets and downloadable images, figures, and videos for presentations and teaching
- Article-level metrics, including Altmetrics, enhanced media coverage, and other data points that provide insight on an article’s global impact
- Content that is indexed and discoverable via CrossRef, Summons, Ex Libris, MEDLINE and PubMed
- Over 60 high-quality instructional videos and hundreds of interactive, multimedia teaching and learning tools at NEJM.org
- Articles published online ahead of the print issue
- Supplementary material, including protocols, disclosure forms, and clinical trial registrations
- Content and article e-alerts and specialty updates
- Licensee branding: upload your institution’s name and logo onto content pages
A vital resource for teaching and research, the NEJM Archive includes more than 150,000 articles from 8,657 issues dating back to 1812: high-resolution, fully searchable articles, including cover and advertising sections where possible. Available for purchase in two parts: NEJM Archive 1812-1944 (PDF-only format) and NEJM Archive 1945-1989 (PDF and HTML formats).
- Available as a one-time purchase with flexible payment options
- Annual maintenance fee waived with concurrent active NEJM.org site license
Backed by a team of over 100 physician editors, NEJM Journal Watch Online summarizes the most important articles from over 250 medical journals to help clinicians understand and use the latest medical research to improve patient care.
Benefits of a site license
- Full-text access to key research summaries and expert perspective in 11 specialties, including cardiology, emergency medicine, gastroenterology, general medicine, hospital medicine, infectious disease, neurology, oncology & hematology, pediatrics & adolescent medicine, psychiatry, and women’s health
- 30 specialty and topic-specific email alerts
- “Guideline Watch” articles summarizing key points of clinical guidelines
- Physician’s First Watch email alert delivers curated summaries of breaking medical news every weekday morning
- Exclusive online media, including podcasts, blogs, and audio interviews
- Full-text access to NEJM Resident 360, an online learning resource for physicians-in-training
Launching January 2020
Launching in January 2020, NEJM Catalyst Innovations in Care Delivery will be a peer-reviewed, bimonthly journal with practical innovations to inspire change in health care delivery. This new journal will connect health care executives, clinical leaders, clinicians and academics with the big ideas and practical solutions for health care delivery transformation. Articles will focus on improving patient care, driving value, and addressing the complex, urgent challenges affecting care delivery. Renowned thought leaders and industry expert will offer personal perspective and share real-world examples and actionable solutions to transform health care in every organization.
Benefits of a site license
- Full-text access to in-depth articles, expert articles, case studies, Insights Interviews and event clips
- Access to live-streamed events with expert speakers and moderated discussions on important topics
- Exclusive survey reports from the NEJM Catalyst Insights Council,a group of over 10,000 health care leaders who share their candid views on critical issues and topics
- Audio and video interviews
- Reference links to related resources
- Content to be indexed and discoverable through MEDLINE/PubMed
Benefits of a Site License
Institution-wide access to NEJM Resident 360, a website created to help physicians-in-training solidify foundational knowledge, connect with peers, and prepare for careers
Mobile-optimized content with remote access via IP authentication and Shibboleth
Email alerts: receive notifications about new interactive content or features and release dates for updated usage reports
COUNTER-compliant usage reports
Post-cancellation rights subject to an annual access fee
Site license pricing based upon institution type and/or size